What is a professional certification?
A professional certification is a designation earned by passing a certification test that verifies the person has knowledge, expertise, and training in a specialized topic or industry.
Certifications are relevant for virtually all industries, companies, and professional associations that offer certificates. Some of the most popular certifications include AWS, PMP, Six Sigma, Google Analytics, and a variety of HR and IT-related programs.
What are the benefits of a certification?
Certifications complement the person’s professional work experience and education and help professionals advance in their careers by distinguishing them from their uncertified coworkers or peers. Certifications also benefit businesses because they ensure that employees are trained.
Benefits of certifications for professionals:
- Complements professional work experience, education, and training
- Helps professionals advance in their career by distinguishing them from their uncertified coworkers or peers
- Improves a resume and can help increase earnings
- Can help meet requirements for continuing education and certification renewal
Benefits of certification testing for businesses:
- Ensures that employees are up-to-date on current industry standards, best practices, and training
- Employees that are highly trained in specialized areas can boost productivity and efficiency
- Businesses that ensure their employees are continuing their education and earning professional certifications can potentially help earn new business because it demonstrates dedication to having highly training employees that are experts
- Organizations that help cover the cost of earning a certification can help with employee recruitment because it’s a benefit that can differentiate the company and positively influence those seeking a job opportunity
What is online proctoring?
Online proctoring uses a variety of software and services to monitor test-takers during an online test to:
- Protect academic integrity and certification reputation
- Deter and prevent test-takers from cheating
- Help and support test-takers complete their online certification test
5 online proctoring features that are commonly used:
- Authentication to ensure the person taking the certification test is the same as the person awarded your certification
- Video and audio monitoring that secures the exam room by making sure that no other people are in the room and other materials such as notes, apps, and books
- Lockdown browser to prevent test-takers from accessing other browsers, tabs, and software on the device
- Cell phone detection to identify test-takers that attempted to use a cell phone or other secondary device to look up test information
- Advanced reporting from the certification test session is provided to instructors
Why use online proctoring for certification testing?
The rapid shift to remote work from home has been challenging for many companies that offer certification exams and other continuing education opportunities for customers and employees. As more people take certification exams online, the need for proctored testing has significantly increased – and for good reason.
Proctoring certification exams helps to protect reputation and credibility
Reputation is everything when it comes to certification exams. If test-takers can cheat, the certification test can lose its credibility and become insignificant among professionals and businesses. Online proctoring plays a critical role in protecting the integrity and reputation of a certification test as well as ensuring a fair testing environment for all test takers.
Online proctoring is a resource for test-takers, not just a way to catch cheating
Online proctoring isn’t simply to catch cheaters. Aside from creating a fair testing environment and preserving the reputation of the certification exams, proctored testing is also a beneficial resource for test-takers. Online proctoring helps support test-takers and can assist with completing proctored exams. With access to 24/7/365 support, test-takers know they can get help anytime they need it.
“Having access to customer support 24/7/365 is huge. Especially during times like this when test-takers may be taking exams at any time of day. You want them to have access to someone who can troubleshoot with them.”
– Daphnee St. Val, Senior Instructional Designer, Broward College
Spend more time teaching and less time proctoring
The features and benefits of blended online proctoring services, such as Honorlock, are designed to save time, protect exams, and support test-takers. This means that your company can spend more time teaching and less time proctoring certification exams. You set the guidelines for the certification test and we handle the proctoring.
Online proctoring provides convenience without sacrificing academic integrity
Honorlock’s online proctoring services can help your company grow its certification testing by offering it to a larger base of potential online users because they can schedule to take their certification test anytime, anywhere – not just at a designated testing center or within a proctor’s schedule.
How to use online proctoring for certification testing
Online proctoring services, like Honorlock, make it quick and easy to protect certification exams.
Step 1: Create the certification test
- Create the test in the Learning Management System as you normally would
- Choose which online proctoring features to use
- Provide accommodations and customizations for test-takers, such as allowing bathroom breaks, additional time, and specific assistive technology
Step 2: Test-takers verify ID and begin the proctored certification exam
- ID verification takes about 60-seconds
- 24/7/265 support for test-takers and instructors
- The proctored certification test is monitored AI and live human proctors
Step 3: Review certification test results
- Our remote proctors review the exam sessions and send in-depth reports to the instructor
Online proctoring is a strategic advantage for organizations that offer certification testing
Online proctoring is a game-changer for organizations and test-takers. You need an online proctoring service you can rely on to protect the integrity of certification tests without scheduling headaches, you need technology you can depend on, and you need a way to support test-takers while ensuring that they aren’t gaming the system.
If your organization hasn’t previously used online proctoring for certification exams or if you’re evaluating new online proctoring services, now is the perfect time to discover why so many others chose Honorlock to grow their online certification programs.
Schedule time to explore Honorlock
Speak to a representative who will walk you through the ways Honorlock’s online proctoring services can benefit your company and test-takers.