A few ways we stand out from the rest
A Step Above the Competition
When you compare Honorlock to other online proctoring services, you’ll find several features that set us apart. Our search and destroy process keeps your test information off the internet and keeps students from sharing answers. Our browser guard technology prevents students from accessing test answers using the computer they’re using to take their exam. Live proctor pop in ensures that students follow the exam guidelines. And our patented mobile phone prevention technology prevents them from using any secondary device to cheat. All of these—and so much more—put us a step above our competitors.
Protect Your Exam Content
Search and Destroy™, our proprietary test bank removal technology searches for and destroys unauthorized copies of your test questions. Once you enable Honorlock in an assessment, our software automatically searches for leaked assessment content. It then removes the material from third-party websites by filing DMCA copyright takedown notices. Test bank websites have made leaked test content too easy to find and share, and we are the only proctoring company searching for and removing it quickly and completely. As an added protection measure, we also prevent students from copying, pasting, and printing during the exam. We give instructors the confidence of knowing they won’t have to create new test questions each semester.
Proctor Third-Party Exams
When faculty need to administer exams outside of your LMS, you’re looking for solutions that provide effective evaluation while preventing academic dishonesty. Now Honorlock will set your institution apart by delivering proctoring services within third-party exam systems such as MyMathLab, ALEKS, Pearson and McGraw Hill. Faculty can easily register third-party exams and customize exam settings in your LMS. Students can access and launch the exam with a few simple clicks. You can rest assured that all exams – even those outside your LMS – are proctored effectively to protect academic integrity.
Mobile Phone Detection
As students have access to more and more devices, it becomes harder for instructors to preserve academic integrity—especially in a remote testing context. We’re proud to have the industry’s first and only technology to detect cell phone, tablet, and laptop use while a student is taking an assessment. Our patented system can detect when these devices are accessing test bank content during an exam, and we capture a screen recording of the secondary device to provide evidence in the event of a violation. Students can no longer get away with using their phone out of view, and you get to proctor beyond the webcam, protecting the academic integrity of your classroom.
The New Live Proctoring Service
Honorlock offers the first and only proctoring system that combines the benefits of automation with those of a live proctor. We prompt a live proctor to pop in during a session if the student triggers
our automated system with suspicious activity. Live Pop-In is the new live proctoring service—
Live Proctors When
You Need Them
With Live Pop-In, AI runs in the background and notifies our proctors of suspicious activity. Proctors can then join a student’s session in real time to prevent dishonesty before it happens. Live Pop-In keeps the human touch while delivering a much less intimidating and non-invasive testing experience for the student.
Live Pop-In is geared toward prevention. Our live certified proctor is intervening just in time to prevent suspicious activity from going further. If the student accidentally prompted the Live Pop-In, the proctor will help them get back on track with their exam. Faculty save a substantial amount of time when reviewing the assessment report because they don’t have to review false flags.
The Benefits of Live Pop-In
Live Proctor Pop-In service offers several benefits over
traditional live proctoring/monitoring.
- Live Pop-In gives us an analysis window to review the situation before we pop in. Live proctors have to catch it live or else they miss it.
- Live Pop-In provides a 1:1 setting. When our certified proctor is alerted by the AI, the proctor is attentive and focused on one student. In other settings, a live proctor could be watching up to 10 students for an extended period, a scenario that can be exhausting and may lead to missed violations.
- Live Pop-In only affects your dishonest students. Honest students do not feel as though they are being punished by being watched live for the full duration of the exam.
- Live Pop-In is on-demand, so students can take their exam at the point of readiness—any time, day or night. This helps alleviate the stress of scheduling and waiting for the proctor before they can start the exam.
- Live Pop-In is a more cost-effective solution than live proctoring/monitoring.
- Live Pop-in is one more way Honorlock gives education institutions the tools they need not just to prevent cheating, but to promote learning.